Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Find and Seek

What I've Found:

Trousers. Thank God for the Gap. I found 2 pair of mid-rise, wide-leg trousers at Gap in my size for a whopping $8.95. I chose medium-gray and light brown colors - much needed neutrals. They were originally priced at $64.50. This was in Vegas. Then, I found a pair at the Mall of America for $12.95. Charcoal Gray with an adjustable waist instead of belt loops. Ask about them at your local Gap. They're brilliant for those of us who fluctuate weight/sizes regularly.

Black Suit Vest. I don't typically buy anything at full price, but I couldn't pass up the Black Suit Vest from H & M. I spent $24.95. It really pulls together an otherwise plain work ensemble. I intend on going back for the coordinating pencil skirt, hoping it goes on sale.

Plain, Brown Pumps. I still cannot believe it happened, but it did. I found a pair of Brown Suede COLE HAAN NIKE AIR TECHNOLOGY wedges at Marshalls for $29! These shoes retail at $225. If it's been a while since you've experienced Marshall's shoe department, now is the time.

What I'm Seeking:

Black Trench Coat. Not just any black trench coat. It must be feminine, lined, structured, flattering. I spotted some potential with the new line at H & M. I won't even try it on until I find a place for it in my budget. $60

The Perfect Bra. I think I'm a 34DD. It's brutal. The size is nearly impossible to find. Shirts that fit in the chest don't fit in the shoulder and vice verse. 'Normal' bras make me look top-heavy, making me super self-conscious. I HATE bra shopping, but it must be done. Here's what I'm looking for: A minimizer bra that lifts and separates with thick shoulder straps and that is slightly padded (for cold days). I have no idea if this exists or where to go to get it. I'll probably start at Macy's and hope I don't end up at Nordstrom's paying $120 for 1 bra. That would make me really sad.

Plain Black Pumps. I have several pair of black shoes that all serve their purpose, but I just need a pair with no frills. Simple, comfortable. I wish to not spend more that $50 on these.

Non-Iron Tailored Fit Dress Shirt. Check them out at Brooks Brothers. They're quite pricey at $89, but they do go on sale/clearance. They come in all the basic colors/patterns. I'll definitely be trying these on at the store to make sure the fit is right on me. I LOVE the idea of having an oxford I don't have to iron and I know it will get a lot of use.

No comments: