Thursday, February 5, 2009

I Want...


Shoes. I think about them all the time. I've pledged to myself that I was no longer going to indulge in cheap shoes. Cheap like KMart, Walmart, Payless, Target. Some exceptions may apply to Payless & Target, but you get it. So the alternative is expensive shoes? Well, kind of, yeah...

I'm not talkin' expensive like $700 Manolo Blahnik's. No, no, no. I'm talkin' Nine West, Charles David, BCBG, Steve Madden, Guess, and Kenneth Cole. I don't think I'm asking all that much. The footwear of my desire tends to run from $50-$150 regular retail price. But I don't pay regular retail prices...hardly ever. The most expensive shoes living in my 'saved' box on http://www.endless.com/ are Oh Deer! shoes. They're a funky blue bandanna print, 3 3/4 heel, originally priced at $154.95. Endless has them for $69.41. I've been wanting to check out the Oh Deer! brand for quite some time now...but even at a steal of $69.41, my heart stops a little.

Not only have I vowed to stop buying cheap shoes, I have also been trying to replace the cheap shoes I already have with better ones that will look better and hopefully feel better and last longer. Here are a few "investments" that I've made that have made me very happy:

Madden Girl tan mid-calf slouchy boot. Love them. Actually, the Madden Girl brand has been very good to me. And they're usually so inexpensive to begin with, I've even bought a pair at regular price. My boots were actually a purchase from http://www.dsw.com/. They were originally priced at $59, but I had a coupon for $10 and the website was offering another $10 off a $50 purchase. That deserves a Whoohoo!

Guess oxford platforms. They give me an additional 4 1/2 inches of height, baby! They're ideal for many of my trousers that I don't want to tailor. I won't be doing a lot of walking in these, but they serve their purpose and are comfortable for work. These had a price tag of $115.95, but Endless had them on sale for $63.77. Just my luck, my in-laws standard poodle found my previous pair of brown pumps to be rather tasty, therefore destroying them. They were cheap and in line for replacement anyway. My mother-in-law gave me $20 toward the purchase of a new pair, making my Guess platforms quite affordable.

J. Crew Goulashes. I had a cheap pair of rain boots from KMart that weren't bad. They had a black & white hounds tooth print with a pink buckle and pink lining. I wore them to play disc golf with my husband on a rainy day, and they were caked in mud. I sprayed them off in the bathtub as best I could, but they remained dingy looking. I wanted my next pair to have a more classic, less kiddie look. I found the J.Crew yellow and gray wellies online and on sale for $24.99 (I think the original price was $65). In addition, I spent $150 on my total purchase, giving me an additional 40% off the whole shebang. AND free shipping. Gotta watch for those deals at http://www.jcrew.com/ they're worth it.

I'll be at the Mall of America with out of town family this Saturday. If I can get through the weekend without spending, I can probably order my Oh Deer! shoes next week. Oh, boy!

No comments: