Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Dallas

I was supposed to fly home to Minnesota from Dallas last night. Steve and I arrived at our DFW gate a couple hours early after an attempt at shopping with the hubby fell a bit flat. Knowledge of an earlier flight to MSP being cancelled came with a delightful little money-saver for us. We gave up our seats on our awaiting flight in exchange for one this morning, a free night's stay at a nearby hotel, food vouchers, and $300 each in airline credit. And with that, our airfare to Florida for our cruise in September is taken care of - Holla!

Although totally worth it, I didn't sleep much last night: Got up at 3:50am, on the shuttle by 4:15am, in the air around 5:45am, in Minneapolis at 7:50am, and at work sometime before 9:00am. Whew! Steve switched seats with me so I could ride first class for the first time ever! It was lovely.

Good thing I had packed my new purchases in my carry-on bag. Several items just happened to be perfect air-to-work attire. I'm wearing a gray, long-sleeved fitted turtleneck ($7, Macy's) under a navy jersey dress ($20, Macy's) with purple leggings ($7, Macy's) and my flat brown boots.

Unfortunately, my makeup shipped out with our original flight so I had to make do with a little concealer until the cab ride to work...even then, not my best look.

I spent a few glorious hours at the Galleria in Dallas while Steve played Disc Golf. This mall was a bit upscale for me but I found certain chain-store clearance opportunities a-plenty to occupy my time and attention:

Old Navy: 2 light-weight sweaters
Forever 21: Dark denim skinny jeans, gray turtleneck sweater
Payless: black peep-toe booties
Macy's: 2 turtlenecks, jersey dress, leggings, pencil skirt

My cheap Dallas excursion was full to the brim with golf, Six Flags, shopping, food, relaxation, and quality time with my Fave.

Good stuff.

No comments: