Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Polka Dots

I like prints. Plaid, stripes, animal, floral, hounds tooth, I enjoy all of it. But there is no other print I enjoy more than the polka dot.

There's just something about polka dots that does it for me. They speak to my heart and put a smile on my face. I like them big, but not ridiculous or clown-like. Being a child of the 80's, I was drawn to them then and am still a fan today. In the past, I've tried to avoid the magnetic impulse to buy polka dots whenever I see them in good form, with the thought that perhaps they are too juvenile or silly for my place in life. Just recently I've decided that they will just have to be an element of my signature look. I can't help it. I love polka dots and I'm not going to hold back anymore.















These are on my "must have" list.








No comments: