Thursday, October 8, 2009

Pay Less, Wear More?

Here's the story of my shopping life:

The items I get for mere pennies are the ones I wear most often, while the 'investment pieces' that I justified spending extra bucks on are rarely worn.

There must be some psychological reasoning behind this phenomenon.

Take for example, the outfit I wore yesterday (below). The skirt is one of my very favorite wardrobe pieces. I look forward to wearing it every fall. I got it out of a free bag about 7 years ago. The turtleneck was purchased at Macy's last spring on uber-clearance, and the brown, short-sleeved sweater is fairly new-to-me from Valu Thrift. Excluding my Steve Madden pirate boots, the whole outfit cost me about $10.


If my house was on fire and I was able to rescue just one outfit, this would be it. There is just something about it that reflects my personal style like nothing else I own. Perhaps I have a deep-seated desire to be a librarian. Ok, it's not that deep...admittedly, I would absolutely love to be a librarian. An awesomely dressed one.

2 comments:

Fell 4 Fashion said...

Love everything about this look, and you are so adorable!

Indiana Adams said...

That skirt is amazing! I've been hunting the thrift stores for weeks looking for something similar. Awesome score!