Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Remembering Sabrina

I'm mourning the loss of a furry little friend. My inlaw's teacup poodle, Sabrina, went to doggy heaven today. It's ok. She was old and frail, nearly blind and toothless. Poor baby.


Steve and I claimed her as ours. She was the ring bearer in our wedding.


She would sleep over at our place when her parents were out of town. She was the perfect size dog for our wee little home.


And she was ever so fashionable. Her mommy would dress her in cute little outfits. I don't think she ever made a fuss about dressing up. Very Doggy-Diva.


She had beanie babies she thought were her own babies, even taking them out to potty with her. She would lick them clean and put them to bed too. It was terribly cute.


She didn't like kids much, but I don't blame her. They had a tendency to be unintentionally abusive. With the exception of a little poodle-ish attitude, that was her only flaw.


She was loved. And will be missed.

5 comments:

Leproust Vintage said...

ohhh I am so sorry to hear about Sabrina. I will be thinking of you and your family.....

Girly Muse said...

It's a sad day...sweet Sabrina.

D said...

i am sorry. it's hard to lose a pet even when it is to old age. such a sweet post in honor of sabrina:)

myedit said...

So sad. By the sounds of it, she had a wonderful, spoiled life!
(And your wedding dress looks amazing.)

Kate said...

So sorry to hear of your loss. Losing a pet it terribly difficult. My thoughts are with you.