Monday, November 2, 2009

Weekending

Lame. All the pretty, crafty things I made/helped make this weekend and I have no pictures to show for it. I have concluded once and for all that I should not sew. Not ever. My patience and endurance with sewing machines is non existent. I get so frustrated and uptight when I try to sew anything, no matter how simple.

Thankfully, I have also concluded that if a craft does not involve a sewing machine, I'm okay. In fact, I designed several darling little flowers and bows for placement on headbands and such. Elaina will be selling them at the upcoming bazaar. I was able to take those that did not fit into the collection for immediate wear. I'm wearing one of my creations today:

Felt is so awesome. No sewing required. I'll post a few other designs in the near future.

Yesterday, Steve and I made an offer on a house. This is the second house we've placed an offer on. And we like this one better than the first. It's SO cute. Wish I had a picture of it. I think it looks like a dollhouse on the outside. I refuse to get attached to any house we look at, no matter how wonderful. We're patiently waiting.

To top off the weekend, Steve and I saw This Is It last night with a few friends. I grew up on MJ's music. I remember my dad having almost all of his cds. I remember watching his amazing music videos on MTV and VH1 (remember when music television had something to do with music? That was nice.)


The film was great. I think it really showed who Michael Jackson was as an artist. His passion & brilliance, how he communicated his vision, how he interacted with others, and gave us a glimpse of how he saw himself.

Too much popcorn and mini donuts last night...I'm draaaagggin' today. But rest will not come today until my house is clean and my bags are packed. Heading to Atlanta for a little R&R Wednesday through Saturday.


Photo here.

4 comments:

Amy said...

I love that flower! It is so cute! I wish I was creative (and talented) like this.

Good luck on the house! I will keep my fingers cross that you guys get it. :)

xoxo
Amy

thebargainhunterextraordinaire.blogspot.com

Kate said...

Awesome little flower. I hear you on the sewing machine front. I hate them and do all my sewing by hand. Enjoy GA!!

Leproust Vintage said...

I love the flower brooch! The colors and shape is adorable!

Good luck with the house...that is so exciting!

Maria Confer said...

Oh, I feel the same way about sewing machine and have just started using mine again. Every time I sit down in front of it I feel the stress mounting.

Adore your flower so lovely.

lululetty.blogspot.com