Thursday, December 3, 2009

New Favorite

I cannot commit to a particular style. One day I'm preppy. The next day I'm shabby chic. The day after that I'm head-to-toe trends. And the day after that I'm business sophisticate. I like a wide variety of styles. But as I document some of my wardrobe, I realize that there are a few outfits that I absolutely l-o-v-e. This makes me wonder if I've stumbled across my ideal personal style. Maybe?

I adore vintage and vintage-inspired looks. Feminine, but not necessarily frilly...sometimes frilly. Earth-tones and deep, saturated colors are what look best on me.

Back here I shared what was/is possibly my all-time favorite outfit. But now I may have found a combination I love even more:



I could not pass up this sweater when I saw it on the clearance rack. Little miss-matching buttons down the back? Yes, please.




Sometimes I feel that I was meant for a different era. But mostly I am thankful I exist in this time...because anything goes! I'm sure tomorrow's look will be completely different although I may not love it quite as much.


Necklace: Pearls from the Philippines, gift from husband (thank you, Stevie!)
Sweater: Forever21, $8
Skirt: Target - forever ago! Recently hemmed to wearable length.
Gloves: Marshalls, $15
Tights: Target(?)
Boots: Thrifted via Savers, $5
Purse: Vintage, thrifted

9 comments:

Laney said...

Super cute Jill! LOve the sweater and gloves. Yeah for cute gloves!

Chelsea said...

oh my goodness! that sweater is just amazing. AH-MAZING! and I love the combo of colors you have got going on. You are just knocking 'em all outta the park, lady!

sarina said...

I would call this "Ladylike chic". Very vintagey. I can imagine you in the old Hollywood movies in this.

The Daily Fashionista said...

This is a really cute outfit. I love that color green.

Kyla said...

That sweater is amazing!

Leproust Vintage said...

This outfit is so adorable...you look gorgeous! I just love the back of your sweater!

Zhcsyra hp said...

fabulous boots,nice green sweater,cool gloves, adorable purse.,.
soo lets being nice friend :))

http://wwwtariarizona.blogspot.com/

Christina Lee said...

it suits you too!

La Historiadora de Moda said...

That outfit is as sweet as can be! I adore the sweater and wish it were mine!