Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Soprano

Ok, ok. So I'm now a full week behind on outfit posts. When I do take pictures of what I'm wearing, I typically try to post it the next day, but...not so much lately.


I wore this last Tuesday. It was strategically worn. Ya see, last Monday night we had an additional choir practice in preparation for the choir's Christmas album recording. On our way out the door, music director Nate said that he would be recording background vocals with some professional singer-friends on Tuesday and invited Steve and I join them.



Though Nate said I could sing with them, I wasn't about to expect anything. I figured I'd just be there in case I was needed. And hoped maybe I'd be useful for grabbing food/drinks for the team or helping with the soprano part.


Well...turned out most of my day was spent in the studio, actually singing with the fancy singers in the sound booth! And I guess I did an ok job! I was incredibly timid at first, because believe me, I can't sing like they can sing. But it didn't take long for me to get a little more comfortable and have a great time.

I say I wore this strategically because maybe, deep down, I really desired to sing with the pros and figured, just in case the opportunity arose, I would be prepared with a non-constricting frock. Because to hit some of those power notes...breathing is a must.

Oh...and guess what? The brand of my dress: soprano. How appropriate.


Scarf: Tolani via Chick Downtown via Blue Collar Catwalk giveaway!
Turtleneck: Target
Dress: Soprano via Macy's
Tights: Old Navy(?)
Boots: Thrifted via Savers

8 comments:

Andrea said...

Adorable!!
andrea

Sarah Clarke Gaudet said...

I love the way this all looks together. Great color scheme!

Leproust Vintage said...

The print of your scarf it gorgeous! I love how you styled it!

Lidiya Lastur said...

Awesome outfit-I love it-and it looks GREAT on you. Glad you had such an amazing opportunity-love singing but i aint that good.. Good job!

Zhcsyra hp said...

awesome scarf.
wwwtariarizona.blogspot.com

La Historiadora de Moda said...

That scarf is fantastic!

Girly Muse said...

you rocked the singing and the dress.

i'm still giggling about tonia mocking you...how at first you were all timid and then full on SANGIN'...

so proud of you. i even bragged about you this weekend in texas.

Jilliebeanie said...

Tonia is so much fun! Such an honor to sing with her! Ah!

Nice of you to brag on me, Lori. You're the best. :)