Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Girly New Year

To say it's been cold here would be a major understatement. It's the kind of cold that takes your breath away. It's the kind of cold that makes even the sweetest of folk cuss out loud and scowl at all who pass by. It's the kind of cold that seeps deep into your bones, only able to be drawn out with a steaming hot bath or electric blanket on high setting. It's not just cold, it's %$&@! freezing.

This is what I wore on New Years Day. I thought I was sufficiently layered what with a hat, turtleneck, sweater, fleece vest, jean skirt, tights, socks and cozy booties....but no. That cold cut right through my layers till my toes were numb.


Hat: Patina
Turtleneck: Target
Sweater: Gap Outlet
Vest: Breckenridge, gift from hubby
Skirt: Old Navy
Tights: Target
Booties: Macy's, gift from mommy


My dear friend Erika was in town for the holidays, so a few girlfriends and I got together to spend time with her before she heads back to upstate New York. We ventured out into the frigid temps for some Pho (Vietnamese soup). We spotted these gigantic bowls of Pho at a nearby abandoned table. (Don't worry, Erika didn't really eat a stranger's Pho).



This is the size we had.
Saigon in St. Paul Midway serves up the best Pho.
And I cannot get enough of their spring rolls either.
I'm hungry just writing about it.


Back at Elaina's house, a few more lovely ladies joined
us for tea, dessert and a friendly round of Yahtzee.


Once the space heater warmed up the craft room to a reasonable
temperature, we moved up there for a little crafty action.

Nadine made these pretty hair clips out of fancy buttons.
Aren't they fun?


Elaina, Keely and I designed funky gloves. Here's my pair:

Resolutions for 2010: More girly days. More Pho.

8 comments:

Kimberly said...

What an adorable idea with the gloves!!

Kate said...

Love those gloves!!

Fashion Therapist said...

I like how you layered the b/w stripe with the red. Great way to ring in the new year!

La Historiadora de Moda said...

I love the layers here and the pattern mix with the hat. Those gloves are really fantastic, too!

D said...

looks like fun. love the layering in your look:)

(always)alanna said...

looks delicious- im hungryyy. all the crafts look lovely- and so creative!
xx
and gorgeouss blogg; will definitely be back visiting soon!

Brunette and Pink said...

Pho is my meal of choice! Lovely outfit! I have nominated you for a Beautiful Blogger Award! xoxo

http://brunetteandpink.blogspot.com/2010/01/beautiful-blogger-award-for-brunette.html

Emily said...

So cute! And having more girly days is an excellent resolution.