Friday, January 22, 2010

Monday Rewind

Say what?! 
It's Friday, January 22, 2010?! 
Already?! 
How is that even possible?!

This week was such a whirlwind; I haven't had a chance to tell you about my thrilling Monday!  I took the day off of work.  Bankers and mail carriers and teachers get the day off (for MLK), so why can't I, right?

Steve dropped me off on Grand Ave. (St. Paul's shopping haven) around 9:30.  Grabbed a White Chocolate Mint Mocha while waiting for My Sister's Closet to open up.  It was the first day of their winter clearance sale.  As I approached their darling storefront, I was so pleased to find customers waiting for the doors to open, standing outside in the cold.  I love to witness the success of local boutiques, especially a shop like My Sister's Closet. 

I tried on quite a few items, including a fabulous pink fur coat that was SO tempting.  Ultimately, I had to pass knowing that it would probably go unworn in my closet.  See the strides I'm making to becoming a #2
So I ended up with a pair of Banana Republic trouser jeans, black J. Crew skirt, black Diba booties and a pink chunky necklace.  All items I know will get a lot of use, all for about $40.

I had additional time to kill before meeting up with Elaina, so I wandered down the street to a shop called Stella Blue.  For a boutique on Grand, items are very reasonably priced.  And of course they also had a ton of markdowns.  I fell in love with an I (heart) STP t-shirt and found a plaid hat to match.  They also had clearance jewelry so I picked up a long locket necklace and a pair of earrings.

After striking out at Bibelot,  J. Crew and Quince, I went into Karma, not expecting to find anything I could afford.  To my surprise, they also had clearance merchandise in my price range!  I bought a funky asymmetrical sweater and have already worn it twice since Monday!

Elaina picked me up for lunch at Cupcake (yum) then we swung by Goodwill Outlet hoping to find a few treasures.  The selection wasn't very good, but we did end up with a few things for a grand total of $4 and some cents.

Monday evening we'd planned to take a pole dancing class (sounds like fun, right?) with a few other girlfriends, but schedule changes and other conflicts came up so we decided to make it some other time.  Instead, a few of us met for drinks and appetizers at Grumpy's in Roseville.  New friend Amanda (right) joined us and we had such a blast.  Crazy, crazy girls.





Hat:  Borrowed from Elaina
Scarf:  Borrowed from Elaina
Jacket:  Tulle via Urban Outfitters
Sweater:  new from Karma
Jeans:  Banana Republic via My Sister's Closet
Shoes:  Diba via My Sister's Closet

No comments: