Monday, February 1, 2010

Regular Price

Happy Monday to ya! 

To celebrate the end of a blah week and the start of a shiny, new one, I went straight to H&M Friday after work.  It had been far, far too long since my last visit.  The clearance racks did not disappoint and delivered me a pair of shorts for winter layering ($10) - as well as the silliest periwinkle faux leather 'mini' skirt ($5).  There were a few clearance accessories that made their way into my bag too.

But the greatest purchase of all was not on sale (gasp!).  I know that is soooo unlike me.  This blue dress called my name.  Being that it was regular price, I sort of hoped it wouldn't fit me when I brought it into the fitting room.  Of course it did fit, and I couldn't pass it up.  I immediately thought of numerous ways to wear it and felt it was undeniably the perfect addition to my wardrobe.  Even at regular price, it was only $35.  My bank account will endure.


This scarf is one of the few things I've made that I've actually desired to wear.  I wasn't exactly sure what I was making when I started and because of that it has gone through several transformations and has suffered many flaws.  Still, I wear it with pride...because I made it and it is rather artsy and very cosy.

A few other knitting projects are in the works.  I'm really excited about them.  Let's just hope I can complete them before winter is over!


I was so excited to style up my new dress that I wore it the very next day (Saturday) to my cousin-in-law's Minnesota wedding reception.  This family sure knows how to throw a lovely party! 


Scarf:  Self-made
Dress:  H&M
Tights:  ???
Shoes:  Liz Claiborne via DSW



P.S.  It's likely that I'm going to be a bit pre-occupied with random happenings within the next couple of weeks.  During this time, I will do my best to post outfit pictures and keep up with comments as best as I can.  You may not even notice my brief absenses, but just in case I want to assure you:  I'm still here and I will resume more than just outfit posts as soon as time permits.  Thanks, friends!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

You look adorable!!

Fashion Therapist said...

I love that blue dress - you'll get TONS of wear on it.