Monday, March 1, 2010

Shirt-Dress, 1 of 5

Greetings from the Caribbean!  Right now, it's likely that I'm sunbathing on the deck with a pina colata by my side or exploring a beautiful island destination.  As I explained here, I will be posting a series of outfits all featuring this thrifted shirt-dress.  Be sure to check out the daily pic and then vote for your fave on Monday the 8th!


You may not be able to tell from the picture, but the shirt-dress has pinstripes.  I find it so brilliant when a pairing of different prints in different colors actually works.  Seems like it would be a fashion no-no, but I assure you, it is not.  Stylistas like Kyla at Blue Collar Catwalk and Elaine at Clothed Much have both worked the pattern-mixing recently and I looooove them for it.

I debated on whether to wear a skinny, black belt to give me some waist definition or to just go with the bow.  Lately, I've been going for simplicity in my accessory choices and didn't want to wear both.  The bow won.  Now looking at the picture, maybe the belt would've been better.  Eh...is this really important?

Shirtdress: Gap, thrifted via Valu Thrift
Vest: H&M
Bow: H&M
Skirt: H&M, thrifted
Tights: ?
Shoes: Kohls

4 comments:

Elaine said...

Thanks for the shout-out! :) I like the pattern-mixing here! The stripes and polka-dots are subtle but you still know there is pattern-mixing going on1 I love the little bow too. And I think this looks fine as it is! (w/o a belt I mean..)

clothedmuch.blogspot.com

hillary said...

cant wait to see all the different styles you come up with!

eek said...

great look! I love the pattern on your skirt!

D said...

fun idea! i love this one already.