Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Shirt-Dress, 2 of 5

I am slightly short of leg, so I wasn't sure if this ensemble would work in real life (as opposed to in my head where I tend to be taller and thinner).  There are small belt loops on this shirtdress, but by the time it made its way to the thrift store rack, there was no corresponding belt to be found.  Which is fine because who needs a matching belt anyway?  Pretty sure this ribbon came off a skirt I no long have.   


This was worn to work on casual Friday.  Friday's seem to be the day all of Corporate America casts professionalism aside to look like they don't give a crap.  So I'd say this is me attempting to take the high road.  Just because jeans are aloud doesn't mean ANY jeans should be worn.  And that's all I'm going to say about it.

Shirt-dress:  Gap, thrifted via Valu Thrift
Necklace(s):  ?
Ribbon:  ?
Jeans:  Forever 21
Boots:  Madden Girl via DSW

7 comments:

Kimberly said...

Holy-moley - that's the same shirt?? Love the length and how you added the solid ribbon belt!

Meg said...

I love this!!! I can't wait to wear my blue shirtdress with the brown belt...sadly it is short sleeved and it's definately not warm enough here. I love Canada all the same though.
Can't wait to see the other ways you will style this shirt :)

D said...

i have a tunic sorta like your shirtdress. you are inspiring me with this challenge. giving me ideas. i wore mine with black jeans but i think i wore it with black flats. now i want to try my boots in that color. thanks!

What Would a Nerd Wear said...

i really love this! i think you could actually wear it with tights, too--it's not to short at all.
so pretty!!

J.Me. said...

I bought a black shirt just like that awhile back and have the same trepidation. I usually wear it with a white ribbon around my waist...but seeing you made me realize I should search for a gold waist belt...Let's see if I can find it. Thanks for the inspiration! I love looking at your outfits! [I usually 'like' them in google reader, so I don't know if you notice my 'like-ings!' :)] Keep workin it, girl. You have a rockin bod!

Lemondrop Marie said...

I love this little ribbon belt! So sweet with the more streamlined shirt and jeans.
Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge

LyddieGal said...

The ribbon belt is cute and i love the boots - they look way more expensive than Madden Girl!