Thursday, July 1, 2010

Boring, Random, Vacationy Thoughts

We decided to fly to Denver and road trip from there.  Only time will tell if this was the best decision.

Steve and I will be checking 6 bags between the two of us (camping equipment n' stuff)...no, I'm not bringing that many shoes.  Good thing he's silver status or we'd be paying up the wazoo for luggage.

A friend will likely be staying at our place while we're away.  For her sake, I cleaned out the refrigerator for the first time in...possibly ever.  Surprisingly, I expected worse.

Speaking of the refrigerator...it's bare.  I'm having elbow macaroni noodles with butter and salt tonight for dinner.  And I'm not complaining.

The bathtub needs to be cleaned...TONIGHT.

I usually wait until the night before to pack, but saved myself the hair-pulling and packed Tuesday night.  Relief.

When we planned this trip we thought we only get Monday off as a work holiday.  Turns out we get tomorrow too...how great is that.

We haven't even left on this trip and we've already discussed the next one.  Vacation is like heroine.  Not that I would know anything about that.

Flying instead of driving allows us to be back in time for a much anticipated wedding...I'm happy about that.

Books I'm bringing:  Shopaholic & Baby - Sophie Kinsella (I'm 3/4 finished), The Sun Also Rises - Ernest Hemmingway, An Echo in the Darkness - Francine Rivers.  I like variety...

I never seem to pack enough underwear.  Note to self:  pack more underwear.

There is always more laundry to do.  ALWAYS.

What are the odds the inconvenient road construction by my house will be completed by the time I get back?  One can dream.

I feel like I'm forgetting something really important.

I am blessed.  And grateful.

Mmm...noodles.

3 comments:

Elaine said...

Hahaha, that's a lot of thoughts to collect! Have fun on your vacation!! I try to slowly pack but I don't. I end up packing the night before. ALWAYS.

clothed much, a modest fashion blog

Faith J. said...

Have fun! I don't like camping though, not my idea of relaxing! I posted about camping on my blog today.

Happy 4th!

Absolutely Ladylike said...

I often wonder where all those dirty laundries are coming from...there is always more to do...I agree and it's annoying :-)

Have fun on your vacation!

Happy Friday!

Cheers: Evi