Monday, July 5, 2010

Red, White & Blue, Day 1

Hey there!  I'm on vacation this week, road tripping through Colorado and Utah with my main squeeze (that's Steve).  In honor of Independence Day, all outfits featured this week will be combinations of red, white and blue. 

If you call the USA 'home', you probably did something fun yesterday...at least I hope you did.  Maybe you got together with family, or had a picnic, or went to the beach, or saw fireworks or hit the holiday sales.  No matter how you spent your day, I hope you took a second to appreciate the immense importance of the holiday.  It's been 234 years since the Declaration of Independence was approved and freedom from the British monarchy was set into motion.  That's due cause for over-eating and colorful explosives if I ever heard one.



I'm well aware that the US isn't the only country that bares it's national pride in red, white, and blue.  In fact, there are over 25 other countries who wave their own flags of the same color trio.  Just goes to show that this color combination is multi-cultural, multi-national, and just plain awesome.  Right?  Right.

And yes, I know I look like a pirate here.  I do in fact own an eye patch, cuffed boots, gold hoop earring, and even owned a parrot(keet) once, but I thought that might be overkill.  Yo ho ho.

Scarft:  Thrifted
Locket Watch:  Etsy
Shirt:  H&M
Skirt:  H&M
Shoes:  Kohl's

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Throw in a bottle of rum and you're good to go. :)

I think you look great! I love the skirt.

eek said...

Love your patriotic look, especially the polka dotted scarf! Looking forward to more r/w/b combos this week :)

Lynzy said...

I just found your blog, I love it!! New follower, follow me?


Come enter my giveaway!
xo Lynzy
http://fromskirtstoskillets.blogspot.com

Lemondrop Marie said...

I love this look, especially that bandanna! I love talk like a pirate day- tres fun.


Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge
Purseapalooza giveaway