Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Red, White & Blue, Day 3


Day 3 of my Red, White & Blue showcase, in real-time day 6 of my vacation, but as I'm writing this I have just finished trip day 2.  That's confusing...just smile and nod.  So today (day 2), I have been to the top of Pike's Peak, explored Garden of the Gods, and visited Focus on the Family Visitor Center with cousin-in-laws who live in Colorado Springs.  The weather here has been amazing.  Cold at the top of the mountain, HOT at the Garden, and perfect in the Mile High City.


Back at the hotel a little past 5pm, showered, snacked, under the covers watching Sherlock Holmes, this is my kind of vacation.  But there's plenty of time to talk about all that later, when I have pictures to go with my words.  For now, all I have are Red, White & Blue outfits - this one, quite possibly my favorite.


It's because of the shoes...obviously.  It's like having gift-wrapped toes.  I don't usually have more than one outfit picture to share, but it seemed that Steve was somewhat inspired by my pretty, peep-toe, bow heels as well and wanted to make sure they were given their proper moment in the spotlight.

Hey...remember when I tagged along with Anna over at A Banana Medley for Vintage Dress Week?  Well, this week she's gone Red, White & Blue with me!  Check out how she works this color combo starting here!

Shirt:  Target
Tank:  Vintage, thrifted
Locket Watch:  Etsy
Skirt:  Target
Shoes:  Anne Klein via Ross in Atlanta, GA

9 comments:

ShyGirl said...

Those are the cutest shoes!! I love the nautical look:)

I'm going to be on the hunt for a pair of shoes just like this!

KP said...

ooo so pretty!

http://dressedtostudy.blogspot.com/

Melissa said...

What a fabulous outfit! Those shoes are fantastic. You look adorable in this! I love the red/white/blue theme for this holiday week!

Iris said...

The whole emsemble is really cute!

Girly Muse said...

I heart every single thing about this outfit. You look DARLING!

Glad you're having fun. Love ya.

Anna said...

This is my favorite so far! I LOVE those shoes! And that locket is so great. I am on the hunt for a big locket necklace like that.
Hope you are enjoying your vacation! I'm off on mine now... Let's make a thrifting date soon!

Sarah said...

I think this is my favorite red white and blue outfit too!! LOVE THOSE SHOES!!!

Glad you are enjoying your trip!

diva said...

love that shirt - HAVE that shirt! i am sooo envious of your shoe collection. i've got wide feet and it's hard to find cute wide shoes.

christa said...

love- this is carefree and easy. you look great!