Monday, August 2, 2010

28

I'm 28 today.  When a birthday falls on a work day, the only thing to do is dedicate either the weekend before or after to the birthday festivities.  Friday night, Steve asked if I wanted my present early.  Feeling that it would be a shame to not spend the weekend with my gift (whatever it was), I said yes.  Never would have imagined what was in that box....


A brand spankin' new MacBook!  Isn't it purdy!?  Folks, my blogging days are about to get bloggier.  Pictures are going to be prettier.  And I might even get a little organized...might.

I (almost) share a birthday with my sweet friend Keely, who celebrated 21 years on August 1st!  21 is a far grander birthday than 28, so I tagged along with her birthdayishness this weekend.  What was going to be a small lunch date of 4, became a party of fabulous girlfriends at a chic little restaurant in St. Paul called Happy Gnome.  The more the merrier!  I love these girls!



Keely and I wore our new matching white watches (courtesy of Katie and Elaina).  And our funky orange bead necklaces - similar, but different.

Now off to dine with family tonight!

13 comments:

NoGuiltFashion said...

Happy birthday!

Sra_Bohorquez said...

What an awesome gift!!! I love my MacBook and everyone who knows me will tell you I would give up virtually anything but NEVER my MacBook. You'll love it. Happy B-day and CONGRATS!

Rebecca said...

Happy birthday. Happy Gnome has a cute patio.

Kristen said...

Happy Birthday! Enjoy the Macbook. I love mine!

Faith J. said...

Happy Birthday!!! Wow that is an amazing gift. Macs are the best!

Kiki said...

Happy Birthday! Macs are so awesome! You'll LOVE it.:0)

Fashion Butter said...

Happy birthday, enjoy!!

Iris said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Kiki said...

I've tagged you over on my blog. 8 Q&A:

http://whatiwearinalittletown.blogspot.com/2010/08/8-qs-8-answers-8-friends.html

Kayla said...

Happy Belated Birthday. What a great gift!

Ramblings of a Small Town Girl

Girly Muse said...

Aw, two of my favorite people!!! Looks like a wonderful time.

So happy you have joined the Mac ranks. Hope you love it. :)

orchidsinbuttonholes said...

Happy belated birthday! Looks like it was a wonderful one!

Melissa said...

Oooh, happy late birthday! Sorry, I was a little behind on my reading and didn't see this post until today.

It sounds like you had a great birthday celebration! I'm so glad and I'm SO jealous of the macbook. So jealous. :)