Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Fancy Fixes


Broke out my black trench and boots last week in response to not-so-summery temperatures.  Even though I adore my mass-collection of tights, I'm determined to go bare-legged for just a little while longer.

This is probably one of my favorite skirts.  I took the waistband in not too long ago and this is my first time wearing it on my natural waist...so much more flattering.  Unfortunately, before I wear it again there will be yet one more alteration:  repairing the hole Miles ripped with his playful little teeth.  He confuses my skirts with his toys.  Thankfully, this is only garment #2 that has suffered any severe damage.  But nothing a little big whip stitch won't cure.



Necklace:  Boutique in Ouray, Colorado
Sweater:  Ann Taylor, thifted
Tank:  Target
Skirt:  Target
Trench:  H&M
Boots:  JCPenny

7 comments:

Iris said...

I love the necklace and the shades of purple you are wearing really pull the whole outfit together!

Melissa said...

I am in total love with this outfit. I love the black and white skirt, the two shades of purple (I love wearing two shades of the same color together instead of matching!), the boots, and that necklace! Oh, the necklace. LOVE.

You look great!

Girly Muse said...

ahhh, there's that fabulous necklace again...mmm, i love it.

Ashley J said...

That necklace is very cool!!!

http://www.afashionfixation.blogspot.com

Sarah loves it all said...

Hi Jill! Holy cow, I just found you and can see that we have a lot in common! I am a total bargain shopaholic too, and I love Anne of Green Gables! I'm totally looking forward to more posts.

New follower,
Sarah

www.fortheloveofblogtherapy.com

Rebecca said...

That necklace is gorgeous.

Ruchi said...

Great outfit!