Thursday, September 2, 2010

Lacy Black

If not for Anna's unworns challenge, this sheer, black blouse probably would've spent another several years in my closet...unworn.  On behalf of the blouse, Anna...thank you.  My neglect of this garment should never have gone on this long...there is no excuse.  I just like it on the hanger so much more than I like it on me, that's all.  It's a shame, really.  Several lace and/or sheer trends have come and gone and this ol' girl has patiently waited for her turn amongst all the other blouses that get worn regularly.  Poor thing.  I feel bad.


To be honest, I think she (the blouse) and I can do better than this.  We weren't really jiving as well as we wanted to with this fuchsia pencil skirt.  Which is totally the skirt's fault..it's fitting a little big these days.  One of those rare occasions when the outfit photographed better than it looked in-person...maybe.


You know how sometimes you know a person and really, honestly like them but then once you actually spend time together you realize that you'll never be close...you're too different or too similar and you just don't connect quite right.  You still like that person a lot, but just choose not to pursue a deeper friendship.  Ok, so that's maybe a little weird and I actually did not have any one person in mind, but we've all experienced that, right? 

Yeah...I think this blouse and I are like that.  We like each other, but we don't belong together.


Yet she's still hangin' out in my closet.  I think I might give her just one more spin. 

Blouse:  Express, thrifted via My Sister's Closet
Skirt:  JCPenny
Shoes:  Oh Dear! via Amazon.com

11 comments:

Ashley J said...

That blouse looks like something Rachel Zoe would wear and she is awesome!!! It looks great so keep it but if you ever decide to set it free...I will gladly take it off your hands:)

http://www.afashionfixation.blogspot.com

Sarah said...

I don't love this top on you. You still look great and those shoes are fantastic!

What Would a Nerd Wear said...

ohh i think it's SO pretty! it should definitely make its way out of your closet more often!

Faith J. said...

Great outfit! Love the lacy top, but if it's not "you" then I understand. I have a few clothes that I love but are not really my style.

NoGuiltFashion said...

I loved the blouse on you. It looks very classy, even with the pencil skirt.
HTTP://noguiltfashion.blogspot.com

Girly Muse said...

i really, really like it.

Juanita said...

I think this cami and blouse would look great untucked with boyfriend jeans!

Tara said...

I really like the blouse as well!

Melissa said...

I think you look fantastic. That blouse is gorgeous.

What about layering it over a dress?

Anna said...

Blouse, you are welcome. You look SO great on my pal Jill and I'm glad I could help you out. I will put in a good word for you and hopefully Jill will give you another chance.

highplainsthrifter.net said...

Those shoes are divine! I need some more metallic footwear!! : )