Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Stay or Go

These pants need to go.  As in, to the donation pile.

Ready?

No, not ready.  They should stay.  I wear them.

But I shouldn't.  They're no good for me.  Never have been.


I bought them at Charlotte Russe eons - no, seriously - eons ago.  At the time, they were too big, but the only ones in my size.   And I wanted the whole suit.  That's right.  The whole suit.  As in, the brown-with-pink-pin-stripe pants and the matching jacket with a pink ribbon closure.  Ohho yes.  I wanted that suit so badly, that I bought the pants you see here and pinned the waistband on either side so they would not fall off my bum.  As things go with an ever-maturing body, the jacket went to the donation pile after only a couple wears and I would soon be able to release the pins and let the pants be the size they were created to be.

Even after I gained a little 'round the middle and my once too-big trousers inched their way to becoming scandalously low-rise, they remained in my closet only to be worn with strategically styled tops.

I have (hopefully) plateaued in size and now the pants are somewhat ill-fitting in a different way (read: droopy).  But I just can't give them up.  They're cheap, polyester pants without belt loops.  They have never fit nor flattered. 

They need to go.  I don't even like them.

But they don't require ironing.  They should stay.

Go.

Stay.

Necklace:  thrifted via My Sister's Closet
T-Shirt:  Forever 21 - San Antonio
Sweater:  Forever 21 - San Antonio
Pants:  Charlotte Russe
Shoes:  Macy's

10 comments:

Melissa said...

Is it worth it to alter them? They do look nice on you!

NoGuiltFashion said...

Pants that don't need to be ironed. Pay to have them altered. That is an item worth its weight in gold. I think a little tailoring would help a lot.
www.noguiltfashion.blogspot.com

Shelley said...

cute post :) I agree with the other commenters... alter them if you decide to keep them of course.

Rebecca said...

I like your pink sweater. The pants don't look bad, so they might be worth altering if it isn't to costly.

Ashley J said...

Your necklace is very cute!!

http://www.afashionfixation.blogspot.com

Cindy said...

To quote the lyrics of a familiar song (from the pants point-of-view)....

Please release me, let me go
For I don't love you anymore
To waste our lives would be a sin
Release me and let me love again

Please release me, can't you see
You'd be a fool to cling to me
To live a lie would bring us pain
So release me and let me love again

:0)

Lemondrop Marie said...

Ha! I have lots of these discussions with myself, love that you did too.
GO! That way you have room for the next pair you love.
Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge

orchidsinbuttonholes said...

I'll also echo other comments - if they still have value to you but don't fit you quite the way you'd like them to, perhaps getting them altered would be just what they need.

And I always love you in pink! Lovely details on that cardigan.

Destined For Now said...

They look nice. Put them far away (in a box under your bed) for a year and see if you even remember you have them. If you missed them then you should keep them.

playing hooksies said...

Haha everyone has a clothes item like that. I say, if you have to do alot of deliberating, you should probably get ride of them.

They do go well with this outfit though :)

http://playinghooksies.blogspot.com/