Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Sunny in Minnesota

We're having some beautiful, fall weather here.  Best autumnal purchase thus far:  these heart-shaped sunnies.


I love the retro color palette here.  Makes me think I was meant for a different decade.  Actually had someone tell me the other day that I reminded them of Betty Draper from Mad Men.  Pretty much the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me.  So long as they weren't talking about our shared love of chain-smoking...(j/k, people).  Hmmm...new character concept?  Betty Draper's awkward, less-refined little sister (though she's the same age as me on the show)...the only female character not about to hop in bed with sleazy Don (bleh)...

Yes...I think I'm on to something here...

Sunglasses:  Cliche'
Pearls:  Philippines, gift from Stevie
Sweater:  Forever 21
Skirt:  Forever 21 via Clothes-Swap!
Shoes:  Anne Klein via Herberger's
Purse:  Vintage, thrifted

8 comments:

Anna said...

I love all the bright colors you've been wearing lately!!

Rebecca said...

You look retro and adorable, and I really like those sunglasses.

Laney said...

I could never figure out what top to wear with this skirt when I had it. I like what you've done. Good job Bestie!

alltumbledown said...

I am in absolute lust with this outfit. Seriously, I covet every single item. What a fabulous combination of color, grounded by the cohesive vintage style.

eek said...

Your skirt is divine. I am loving this look.

orchidsinbuttonholes said...

I adore this whole look - the bright print and the mustard yellow are the perfect pairing. And I love those sunglasses, too!

Kimberly said...

Seriously, how great is that skirt?! You look great!

Keely said...

LOVE! So adorable. That skirt is to die for and you look fab in it!