Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Ponch-Oh!

My new camera arrived today! Having to rely on my iphone for pictures...just isn't the same.  I received a letter from the City of Minneapolis asking me to retrieve my "evidence" from City Hall.  Someone apparently found my ID and credit cards "in the bushes" and turned them in to the police.  Not that these items are of any use to me now.  Accounts have been closed and almost all of the cards have been replaced, but it is good to know that some crazy person isn't wandering around with my ID in their pocket.  The whole situation has been strange enough. 


I'm a little obsessed with my new cape/poncho.  This time, I'll call it a poncho.  I found it at the thrift store, tags still on (original price = $60), marked $20, plus another 25% off for Customer Appreciation Day brought me to $15 for this beauty!  Gosh, I'm good...

This is what I wore Saturday, running errands with Elaina that included her purchasing a gorgeous, brand new Bernina sewing machine!  Then we went back to her place and got crafty.  I finished a chain scarf I've been knitting forEVER and worked on a couple other DIY's that only turned out so-so.  So what if I can't be good at everything, right?

Poncho:  Paul & Joe for Target, thrifted via Valu Thrift
Jeans:  Target
Boots:  Madden Girl via DSW
Purse:  Target

13 comments:

What Would a Nerd Wear said...

glad to know your stuff was found (even if you can't use it).
and holy moly i LOVE that poncho/cape! it's awesome and looks supremely cozy.

Sydney said...

This is SERIOUSLY perfect! I want a poncho soooo bad now!!

Ashley J said...

What a relief you got your stuff back even though you had to cancel and reopen some things! Those jeans are great, are they a recent buy at Target?

http://www.afashionfixation.blogspot.com

daer0n said...

Oh I love that cape, it's sooo gorgeous! What a score!

Fashion Therapist said...

Great poncho!

Jilliebeanie said...

Ashley J: Yes indeed! Got them just a couple weeks ago for about $13.

Fashion Momma said...

As always, you are kind of the most adorable thing, ever. LOVE the jeans and poncho/cape! And you're the only person I "know" who can make just about every hat look incredible.

I'm glad you got your cards back... and just sorry it wasn't sooner. :/

Fashion Butter said...

How cute, and I love your jeans.

Rebecca said...

That poncho looks great. I love finding new with tags items at the thrift store.

MONKEYFACE said...

I would be obsessed with that cape/poncho too, it looks so comfy and sophisticated! Loving this look, you have done the iphone proud ;)

Modestly Fashioned said...

So good to hear that there are good samaritans out there and that they returned you stuff - even if its of no use anymore! Such a great fall casual outfit:) you look so cute!
~Ally
http://modestlyfashioned.blogspot.com/

Iris said...

The cape/poncho looks great! Normally I'm not a huge fan of either capes (unless superhero related) or ponchos but, this one floats my boat!!

Kyla said...

What a luck find! I LOVE that poncho!