FBFF Questions for 12.31.10 - New Year, new blog, new you... resolutions, goals for 2011
1. What's the one thing you vow to learn or do in 2011 to improve your blog?
I really want to learn how to use imovie and do fun video features.
2. What did you learn about blogging in 2010 that you plan to put into practice next year?
I've become way more comfortable with direct communication with other bloggers. In the past, I've been really shy about approaching the people behind the blogs that I follow with my questions or ideas. I want to keep up this new-found boldness in 2011.
3. Do you have any high-level goals for your blog in the coming year? Monetization? More comments? More connections with other bloggers? A new template?
Monetization on a small scale. I want to be able to advertise companies that I think are great and relate well to the blog. I'm picky even about the look of an ad and want to have full control over what goes on my sidebar. I'm trying out Commission Junction right now and will see how it goes.
I also really want to get better about responding to comments and am considering a few different methods of doing that. My time is very limited, and though I read and greatly appreciate every single comment, I find it difficult to respond within a reasonable timeframe. It's a matter of priority and time management. My readers are an absolute priority, and I want to make sure they know that.
4. If you could collaborate with one other blogger within your sphere of influence in 2011, who would you like to collaborate with, and what would you like to collaborate on?
Oh gosh. Can I collaborate with all of them? I would love to come up with a "traveling item" idea, similar to that of the Delightful Dozen or Kimberly's Traveling Scarf. But maybe do something with a charitable cause in mind...raise awareness about something...more contemplation needed, obviously.
If I had to pick just ONE blogger, I might go with Jessica of What I Wore. Is that too obvious? She's not exactly within my "sphere of influence", but she's one of the first style bloggers I followed and would love to benefit from her wisdom and expertise. Plus, I think she has impeccable style.
5. What do you plan to do to support other bloggers next year?
I'm trying out a new feature called Blogtrotting. Just little snippets from blogs/bloggers that I love and think my readers will benefit from knowing too. I hope that it also gives the featured blogs a little boost and visibility within this great community.
Turtleneck: Kensie via Macy's?
Dress: Forever 21