Friday, December 3, 2010

Friend Friday: Blogger Burnout

1. How many hours a week do you spend blogging?  Has that number changed since you started blogging?

It really depends.  Some weeks I have dozens of post ideas so all I want to do is blog, blog, blog.  Other days/weeks, I'm really low-key, uninspired, post what I can when I have time.  On average, I probably blog about 10-15 hours/week. 
I actually think I spend less time blogging now...maybe because I (sort of) know what I'm doing...maybe?

 
2. There is always more you can do, write, read, comment on... how do you limit your time spent on these tasks?

I do these things when I have down-time.  At work, at home, on my lunch break... There is a whole lot of my life that takes priority over the blog.  I just do what I can, when I can, and try not to put too much pressure on myself.

3. Have you experienced Blogger burnout yet?   How have you dealt with that?

I do experience blogger burnout from time to time, but it's always been short-lived.  I can take a day or two off without feeling bad about it, but I always miss it and want to start back up again with fresh ideas.

4. This time of the year is always a lot busier than any other time.  Will your blogging change as a result?

I doubt it.  The busier I am, the more I have to post about.

5. Could you foresee a moment in which you are not blogging anymore?  How would you you identify that it's time to walk away?

There will ultimately come a time when I'm not blogging anymore.  I imagine it would be a gradual tapering off of posts and overall involvement in the community.  It's sad for me to think about because this is such a great creative outlet for me, but life changes and there may not always be room in my life for this particular hobby.  Only time will tell.

Want to join Friend Friday?  Get the details here.

2 comments:

Kinsey said...

I would be sad if you stopped blogging, I just started following you! Blogger burnout only happened for me around teh holidays. It's good to see that you enjoy it so much!

*Enter to win a $25 Banana Republic Gift Card!*

http://inkinseyscloset.blogspot.com/2010/12/announcing-in-kinseys-closet-holiday.html?

Terri said...

Hi, fellow remixer and member of Friend Friday. Your answers are really different than the usual...as though you know some "secret" of blogging. Best of luck on the remaining Remix Challenge.