Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Belt-a-Vest


Remember my new, hilarious friend Brittney?  I introduced her in this post.  Well, she's SO cool that last week she belted a puffy vest (she belts a lot).  It made my day.  And I had the following conversation with myself:

Ah!  I LOVE puffy vests!
Wait.  Do I love puffy vests?
I must.  I live in the arctic, after all.
Yes!  Of course I do. 
I just haven't worn one in a long time.
I'm pretty sure I thrifted a Gap puffy vest some time ago.
It's likely in the garage. 
I'm going to look for it.
Then I'm going to wear it.
With a belt.
And it's going to be awesome.
Just like Brittney.

Thoughts after-the-fact: 
I AM wearing a bra.  The girls are just squished downward. 
This hat is great n' all, but it doesn't stay put and hurts my ears a bit too.
I need to invest in more leg warmers.
Trying to remember the last time I washed these jeans...gross.

Hat:  Vera Wang via Kohl's
Turtleneck:  Herbergers?
Sweater:  Ashley's closet
Vest:  Gap, thrifted
Belt:  Thrifted
Jeans:  Lux, thrifted via Valu Thrift
Leg Warmers:  Target
Boots:  Madden Girl via DSW.com
Dog:  Pug, stinkin' adorable

14 comments:

Work With What You've Got said...

I cut the toes out of some of my thigh high sock dreams socks and WHAM! Legwarmers. I couldn't find any plain ones anywhere. What's up with that?

The combo of the puffy vest with those skinny jeans is uber flattering! You look a million miles tall!

Brittney said...

18 thumbs up. you look fabulous. and i love your dog. my boxer puppy would never sit still for a photo shoot. if he's involved (unintentionally), he's usually a blur in the photo.
you've done it again, jill. looks awesome.
-brittney
http://adayinlifetoo.blogspot.com

frances said...

You look great! I love a belted vest!

frances said...

You look great! I love the belted vest....very chic!

Shallow Mallow said...

Love the belting and the leg warmers too. Shame about the hat being uncomfortable. How could you mention laundry? (cringes in the general direction of the laundry basket)

The Suburb Experiment said...

Oh gosh, you made me laugh with your first comment "after the fact". It was so. . . unexpected.

The puffy vest does look good with a belt. It gives it some shape.

Rebecca said...

I love the belted vest idea. It is so cute.

Viktoria with a K said...

I wore a belted vest just the other day. I'm happy to read I'm not the only one!

Emily Saltzberg said...

Nice! I never would have thought of belting a puffy vest but it looks surprisingly awesome.

Elissa said...

Am loving the leg warmers! I saw these in Target a few weeks and was like...huh. How on Earth would one wear them? They look really great with your boots. And your pug is adorable!

www.dresswithcourage.com

Brittany D'Lynne said...

What a fabulous idea! I think my puffy vest might be too big to do this...but that doesn't mean I'm not going to try!

Kristen said...

What a fabulous casual outfit. You look warm and adorable, and I LOVE the belting idea!

Fashion Momma said...

Obviously Brittney is a rockin' friend, because she helped you think up this awesome look! I would NEVER think to belt a puffy vest, but it looks SO good! Also, I'm really glad you had a few conversations with yourself per this outfit today. It's almost as awesome as when my dress talked to me this morning.

we.are.so.cool!

oomph. said...

how fun is this?! looks amazing and so put together. love the pooch too!

rockoomph.blogspot.com