1. What technology do you use in blogging? (computer, camera, video camera, tripod, etc...)
I am not a very tech-savvy person, but try to challenge myself a little bit at a time in order be a better blogger. I blog mostly on my MacBook and use iphoto for picture editing. My camera is a Canon PowerShot SX200 IS. It's really easy to use. I can set it up on a timer when my handy husband isn't around to play photographer.
2. What computer and online technology do you use? (blogging system, photo storage, photo editing tools, etc..)
Blogspot is the platform I use. I understand that a lot of bloggers are moving to WordPress, but I have no intention of doing that right now. Like I said, I'm not very tech-savvy, and even simple tutorials can infuriate me when something doesn't work properly. If I ever made the switch, I would pay someone to do it for me and do it right.
My photos are stored in iphoto which is also what I use for editing. It's not fancy, but it will do until I invest in Photoshop.
3. What is your process for taking pictures?
Whenever seems most convenient, I put the camera in Steve's hand and politely ask if he'll take my picture. OR, I'll set it up on a timer and do it myself. I'm still not entirely comfortable taking outfit pictures (if not by now, will I ever be?), so the sooner the process is over, the better.
4. When it comes to backdrops for your photos what do you consider? Do you scout locations or shoot the same spot daily?
I tend to use the same outdoor shots around my home. I'm all about convenience and privacy. Every once in a while I'll do something different, but I don't go out of my way.
5. If you could splurge and get one new piece of equipment what would you be buying?
A fancy camera and tripod would be nice, but in all honesty, I would probably still use my point-and-shoot a lot more for it's portability and easy use. What I really need is Photoshop. Not sure if that's a 'splurge' or not.