Tuesday, January 4, 2011

It's a New Year




I know what you're thinking.  You're thinking, "Golly, this girl wears that hat A LOT."  

Yes, yes I do.  And you would too if you lived on an iceberg.  Hats are a big part of my weekend wardrobe, and this hat just so happens to go with everything.  So it gets worn A LOT.

Don't worry, I'm wearing tights underneath my holier-than-thou jeans.

How was your New Year's?  I shopped, went to a Wild game, shopped some more, fell asleep on the couch, woke up, had some champagne, and was in bed a little after 11pm.   Didn't even make it to see the ball drop.  That's how lame I am.

Do you have resolutions for 2011?  I don't usually make resolutions, but this year it seems I have set goals in several areas of my life.  Like watch less TV and eat more fresh greens.  Naw, just kidding...TiVo is my BFF and anything fresh and green ultimately turns brown in the far corners of my fridge.  Let's be real here.

Hat:  jcrew.com
Turtleneck:  Target
Vest:  Forever 21, thrifted via Valu Thrift
Jeans:  Target
Boots:  Target

12 comments:

Rebecca said...

That hat is really cute. I wear a knit hat a lot too. It is too cold here not to be cozy!

Allie said...

Aren't you a cutie patootie? And a hat is smart AND stylish!

Iris said...

I don't really believe in resolutions but, this is a nice reset point :) Stay warm!

eek said...

If I lived in your kind of weather I would probably wear that hat a lot too. I love your vest today.

Sal said...

That vest is too cute for words!

Work With What You've Got said...

I dont tend to make resolutions, if I had to say I had one it would be wearing normal clothes at home and not PJs becasue Nathan has expressed that he hates only ever seeing me in PJs and to that end I now have 7 band tees (mostly The Smiths) and 2 pairs of jeggings (I'm not ready for full on jeans just yet) that I stocked up on recently in dog friendly colors (he sheds. A lot.) so that I can dress in real clothes for my man.

I love jeans like that, but whenever I try them on I get my foot caught on the way down like 4 times, get frustrated and give up. Maybe I should try again!

Kinsey said...

I'm loving those jeans! I looked for the perfect pair of shredded jeans, but I never found ones I liked. These are so cute, and you look great. Happy New Year!

archives said...

you stayed up later than we did! i only made it to about 10pm. lame, huh?! ;)

monster cakes said...

I just found your blog and I'm totally smitten! I've been dying to find a pair of affordable torn up jeans, and these are too cute. I'll have to keep my eye on target. Thanks for the tip! xo

Brittney said...

You're the cutest hat-wearer around, so wear it, baby! Oh, and for the record: I have a crush on the magenta stripes in your vest. Bigtime.
-Brittney
http://adayinlifetoo.blogspot.com

heidiluxe said...

my favorite part is how effortlessly this all flows together. and how your jeans fit perfectly under your boots. THAT's how you do a denim tuck. thank you!

Hope said...

It's too cold not to wear a hat! Your vest looks really cozy, and I the purple stripes are really fun. :)