Thursday, April 7, 2011

Copycat: "The Fashion Sense"

I know, I know.  The copycatting is getting a leeeetle out of control.  It's like I can't stop.  It just makes it so much easier to get dressed in the morning.  Eventually, I'll run out of looks to copy.  And I'll probably go through a nasty withdrawal - curl up in the fetal position in my closet, rock back and forth, talk to my socks until someone shows me what to wear next.  Wow.  I think I just came up with the plot for M. Knight Shyamalan's next blockbuster.  The movie will be called "The Fashion Sense" and the tagline will be "I see dead wardrobes".  I'm going to be rich.

This is one of my favorite looks from Esprit (inspiration from Fossil, J.Crew and Boden are on their way!), but the lower half wasn't work appropriate, so I had to take it up a notch.  I'm super excited for the day when bare legs are best - it's still just a wee bit too cold for me.

  - 40% off 4/7 - 4/11 with code APRILSALE11.

Turns out the star of this whole ensemble is my pug laptop case from FuzzyNation.  Spotted it on clearance at Macy's and completely freaked out (as you can imagine).   Now wishing I would've purchased the backpack version too.





Jacket/Sweatshirt thingy:  Macy's
T-Shirt:  H&M
Skirt:  J. Crew, thrifted via My Sister's Closet
Tights:  Target
Shoes:  Madden Girl via Endless.com
Laptop Bag:  FuzzyNation via Macy's

17 comments:

Kayla said...

Your laptop bag cracks me up. It's so adorable. I think the inspiration is completely find. Everyone needs to find inspiration somewhere. That's what fashion is - a certain persons interpretation of anothers outfit.

Ramblings of a Small Town Girl
Fanciful Brainstorm - Tumblr

Judy C said...

If you have the clothes to copy with why not? You look great.

tiffany said...

I see grass! I see grass!
That means that soon bare legs will be seen too!
Hang in there and great look :)

Lindsay said...

I love copycatting from cataloge looks. It is so smart.

Cate said...

I love your copycat looks each day! So fun to chat with you at the Blog Love event last weekend.:)

Ruby Girl said...

but you do it so well!!! awesome look. you are too cute. <3 EverRubyGirl.blogspot.com

Mrs. J said...

I think your version of outfit is way better then the models look. I would definitely copy this if I had a similar jacket. Love it!! Your bag is so cute!! :)

lilmissmarch said...

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog! : ) What a cute little bag!!!

Steffys Pros and Cons said...

aw that bag is so cute! and love the outfit!


<3 steffy
Steffys Pros and Cons

Rebecca said...

That laptop bag is adorable.

Kimberly said...

Super cute outfit and that bag is too, too perfect for you!!

chloe said...

The bag definitely adds a great touch! I remember when Macy's had those...pugs are the best ever!! Mine is Moses :D

MelaKamin said...

Oh wow, Jill - love your blog, your style & the copycat thing is genius, I tell ya! I need a visual wardrobe map and that's perfect. Great to meet you at the BlogLove event & chat a bit. Hope to see you out & about again sometime. Blessings! ~ Mela

kimmie said...

Haha, your bag is too adorable!

I really like the colors in this outfit, and always like seeing the inspiration behind bloggers' outfits! :)

Brittney said...

hah! score on the laptop case. has your dog seen it? any jealousy? :) you're an awesome copycatter, jill. seriously. you look fabuloso. plus...your jacket? love. with a capital L. which i probably should've typed it that way but didn't. dah well. it's friday.
-brittney
http://adayinlifetoo.blogspot.com

MissRockwell said...

Gasp!! Is that snow on the ground!? Girl, where are you? Aren't you ready for spring already?!

http://thriftyandshameless.blogspot.com

Iris said...

Wow you are spot on with your inspiration! Nice work :)