Friday, May 20, 2011
FBFF: Blog Pet Peeves
I accidentally published an unedited version of this post on Wednesday. So those of you following along via RSS or email subscription may have already seen this. That darn Publish Post button can be such a jerk sometimes.
Did everybody read Beautifully Invisible's post '10 Things about your Blog That Drive Me Crazy'? If not, you should. It's a good read.
FBFFer's are going to follow suit today with 5 Blog Pet Peeves. Check out a list of others who participated today on Modly Chic.
1. Music. Definitely #1. Makes me feel a little violated and betrayed. First, I may not dig your taste in music and may be put-off by the rest of your blog because of it. Secondly, friends don't get friends in trouble. And we were friends, right? Before your blog started screaming at me in the middle of church. What am I doing reading blogs in church? That's beside the point.
2. Comments. Where are they? I'd love to give you some friendly feedback, a ravishing review, or a perky pleasantry, but I can't find your comments. OR your Disqus is taking forever to load. OR word verification is harassing me...again. I'm just a simple girl with a little something to say. Convenient commenting is down right detrimental.
3. Picture quality and quantity. Itty bitty or poor quality pics are a bummer. If your photo shoot didn't work out, try again another day or create a similar array in Polyvore or forgo pictures all together. Just my opinion. Concerning quantity: a full-body shot of you 6 times in relatively the same pose = redundant. Again, just my opinion.
4. "Click to Read". Meh. No thanks. I'd rather scroll. This feature is ok sometimes, like for giveaways, but other than that, I think it's annoying.
5. I can't read your post from my RSS feed. I have to click into it. I'm not techie enough to know whether this is strategic for stats purposes, or bloggers are unaware, or if I'm just not doing something right with my reader. In any case, I don't like it. So you only want me reading your blog if it helps your stats? You're purposefully creating extra work for me - a potentially adoring reader?. K, then your blog better be flippin' amazing, or I'm just not going to visit at all. Sorry, that was harsh. Truth is, I'm just that lazy.
All sorts of fun to be had this weekend, y'all. See ya back here on Monday!
Outfit Details: Shirt: Wrangler via Outlet in Louisiana
Posted by Jilliebeanie at 12:25 PM