Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Killing Cylons Retro-Style

Ponytail Jill

photo
From the front, there is visually very little difference between my hair pulled back in a ponytail and my current, short 'do.  But since the cut, I've been compared to Starbuck on a couple of occasions, so that's pretty cool.  Give that girl a dress and call her my twin.  But don't count on 'frack' becoming a word in my vocabulary anytime soon.  I wasn't that much a fan of the show.

Unlike Starbuck who goes for a futuristic, other-worldly vibe with her blonde locks, I'm gravitating way more toward throwback styles since chopping my hair.  It has 60's Mod all over it.  Retro is even more fun now.

Speaking of which, going to Mighty Swell on Saturday completely renewed my love of vintage - both buying and the desire to sell.  So you may be seeing a few things from my collection on Etsy sometime soon.

In the meantime, I'm test-driving Smashion, just to see how it goes for a few of my closet orphans that are up for adoption.  There are just 2 items in my shop right now, but I'm hoping to have a decent selection posted within the next week or so.  I'll keep you updated.

What does all of this have to do with the outfit photo above?  Absolutely nothing.

Shirt:  Gap, thrifted
Dress:  The Limited via Ashley's closet
Belt:  tie from some other dress?
Tights:  Old Navy?
Shoes:  Sofft via Ashley's closet
Trench:  Tulle via TJMaxx

9 comments:

Marie @ Lemondrop Vintage said...

Lovely dress! I love a belted dress that is businessy and pretty at the same time.

Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge
Spring Necklace giveaway

Kinsey said...

You're right, it just looks like it's in a ponytail! I love that belt, it can look good with so many outfits!

Monica Whitney said...

I am totally loving this dress! And your blog!

Ask the Duplex

Sal said...

Getting compared to Starbuck is NEVER a bad thing!

Miranda said...

Great layering and I love your ponytail!

Miranda
www.indcfashion.com

Fashion Momma said...

I can't wait for the new OOTDs with new hair. I about died over your sneak peak. You're so naturally striking and beautiful!

Also, would you do a review on your experience with Smashion when you get a feel for it? I'm nervous about it.. don't know why!

xoxo – Kimberly

Enter my Nanny Style Contest!

Simply Bubblelicious said...

She rocked, so great compliment. Nice outfit today Starbuck!

kimmie said...

Aw, I miss BSG SO MUCH. One of my favorite shows ever!

And I don't know, I don't see much resemblance other than the haircut and the blondness. No offense to Katee Sackhoff, but you're so much prettier! :)

Kristen said...

Hee, the Starbuck reference is definitely a compliment! I would love to see more side shots of your cut too. I love it on you!