Friday, June 10, 2011

Remotely Controlled

Sometimes a bunch of wrongs can equal a right.  This dress is not bra-friendly (hence the t-shirt), has an empire (read: prego-inquiring) waistline, and I haven't exactly embraced the midi-length trend yet.  It's wrong, all wrong.  And yet, none of that matters.  I really, really love this outfit. 

How cute is my pet alien baby?  Gosh, I love him.


Earlier this week, my media-addicted husband had this crazy idea that we wouldn't watch TV this summer.  The only exception being over our lunch hour and Thursday nights when we have friends over to watch Survivor and Star Trek reruns.  Currently, we're cruising through the first Survivor: All Stars season.  The one where Boston Rob and Amber hook up and Amber wins the million dollars.  I have a little thing for Boston.  He's hot in a mobster sort of way.

So anyway...no TV.  Lovin' it so far.  Saving me a lot of frustration since I can't turn the damn thing on half the time.  Apparently, the universal remote requires a special touch that I do not possess.  This anti-TV plan may also preserve our marriage, being that the remote is what we've been "discussing" recently.  Worthless piece of junk. The remote, not my husband.  I love Steve.  And his ability to successfully turn the TV on.  Sexy.

I will be reading, blogging, dog-walking and attempting to keep my closet clean with my new and improved spare time.  It's going to be great.  Though I'm pretty sure the closet thing is impossible.


Hey.  I'm givin' stuff away here and here.  In case you didn't know.

Dress:  Gap, thrifted via Unique Thrift Store
Shirt:  Ross, Atlanta
Shoes:  Ashley's close
Bag:  Nine West via TJMaxx
Necklace:  Target

7 comments:

Kimi said...

Pugs are the cutest! I love that he's your pet alien baby. So adorable.

Good luck with the no TV summer! I could never. I am hopelessly, hopelessly addicted to TV.

Rebecca said...

I don't think I could do the no summer tv thing. I love that Miles is starring at you. It is such a pug thing to do.

Frannie Pantz said...

I hate TV! I have "discussions" about this with my lover as well. I find it pointless (except for Jerseylicious--now that's entertainment).

I also love this look on you! It is so casual.

Also, I want to steal your dog. He is so stinking cute. (Don't worry, I won't, but I am in the midst of getting a little pug myself. I've always wanted one ever since I saw Milo and Otis as a little girl. Have you seen it? Oh, right, no TV. Dammit!)

Anna said...

Brad and I gave up TV last summer (for June and July) and it ended up being so great! We read books, sat around and had conversations and got out of the house in the evenings. Summer is a great time to do it because the weather is great and there's nothing new on.

Melissa said...

I don't think you look pregnant at all!!! I think this is super cute!

Good luck with the TV hiatus. I think it could really be helpful. I tend to not watch as much as I used to, but I still spend too much time sitting down (at the computer instead). Maybe I should give that up?

That's just crazy. Never mind.

Come take a look inside A Working Mom's Closet

hurricanekerrie said...

Oh, I think it's absolutely darling! The empire waist and the midi length are really beautiful! Though, I do hate dresses that are not bra-friendly yet obviously requires one. :)

eek said...

yay for no tv. the only show that I want to watch is So You Think You can dance so I wonder if I could get away with just a couple hours a week.

I love this outfit too!