Monday, July 11, 2011

Retail Weekend

Hat:  PacSun
Shirt:  J. Crew Factory
Belt:  H&M
Shorts:  Charlotte Russe (VERY old!)
Shoes:  Famous Footwear
Oh boy!  Lots of great shopping over the weekend!  Ladies night out on Friday led a friend and me across the state line to Hudson, WI.  I forgot how adorable the downtown area is.  We stopped at the sweet La Rue Marche boutique where I purchased a Pug luggage tag.  Had dinner on the patio at San Pedro Cafe' and then dessert and live music by Anne Deming at Urban Olive and Vine.

Saturday morning, I joined the staff at Hot Mama in St. Paul for an unofficial work hour.  I haven't worked retail in years and never at a place of such high-quality - referring to both merchandise and customer service.  It was SO much fun - like hanging out in a massive closet with a bunch of girlfriends!  I couldn't pass up a blazer with elbow patches (*wink).

After a much-needed nap, the BFF and I checked out the new Gordman's in Woodbury.  It's a really nice, well-kept store with discount prices similar to Burlington Coat Factory, TJMaxx, or Marshall's.  We weren't big fans of the women's clothing selection, but the intimates and accessories were worth the trip.  What I saw of the men's and housewares departments was decent too.

I've been trying to hunt down white skinny jeans and got really lucky at Target.  I never pay full price for anything there, but with such a great fit and the only pair in my size, I couldn't help myself.

How was your weekend?  Purchase anything fabulous?

4 comments:

The Fashionista's said...

Love the hat, but I like the pug bursting out of a fountain even more (if that is what that is, my mind plays pug tricks on me sometimes).

Sounds like a relaxing and fun day. Can't wait to see the white skinny jeans on you, B.

Tara said...

Love that tee...I almost bought it numerous times...but I already owned a J Crew dog tee so I talked myself out of it :)

eek said...

Those shorts are so fun! I am currently wearing a similar pair, but in a yellow madras.

While participating in the current 30-for-30, I have been pretty good and only bought a few accessories and no clothes (tiny pat on my back!). Can't wait to see your new items in rotation.

Rebecca said...

Pug shirt!

I like going to Stillwater, but I don't think that I have ever been sightseeing in Hudson.