Monday, August 1, 2011

Blogtrotting

Have you met Maggie...?

(I have!  At the MN fashion bloggers meetup.  She came all dressed up in one of her signature-style dresses.  She's as lovely in real-life as you'd imagine from her blog!)


Location: Saint Paul, Minnesota

Blog Name & URL: Dimestore Diamond (dimestorediamondblog.com)

Self-described style: I gravitate towards items with something special about them, a wow factor. Anyone who knows me can attest that I am annoyingly attracted to patterns and prints and I'm not afraid to use lots of color. Most of my favorite things to wear have a classic silhouette (a la natural waistline) but are quirky, thoughtful or unexpected. My style tends to be a balance of modern and vintage, new and old, bright and brighter. In the end, if it's a floral, teal or red, I might already own it.

Last Great Purchase: I recently got a Goorin Brothers hat from BlackBlue. This hat was like my holy grail- not too floppy or firm (that's what she said), and neutral enough to go with anything I own (but still a pattern). They're based in San Francisco, so my fiance and I plan to get more when we're there for our honeymoon in October.

Style Advice: Dress for your favorite asset. I used to get so disappointed when certain trends didn't work for me and felt wrong (low rise jeans or tube tops, anyone?) but I realized it's because I wasn't playing up my favorite things about myself. For example, I think I have a great waist (tooting my own horn here) so I try and wear things that accentuate that. Once I realized that certain silhouettes and trends weren't for me, I could move on to wearing things that make me feel my best! If you got it, flaunt it! And people say it all the time, but it's so true- when you feel good, you look even better! Oh, and I personally feel like adding color to any ensemble is a move I can get behind. But be you! I'll never be a minimal dresser (in coverage or in aesthetic) but that's okay because it's who I am!


3 comments:

Mrs Spanglish said...

I love the blogtrotting idea and I also like Maggie's blog!

Josie said...

Maggie is absolutely the sweetest! I love her flirty, feminine style.
xo Josie

alli said...

oh, that yellow maxi skirt in the bottom right photo is just to die for! Maggie, your dressing philosophy is wonderful, you are a girl after my own heart.
Allison