Thursday, January 10, 2013

Bananas

Shirt: Levi's,  Jeans: James Jeans,  Scarf,  and Socks via Hot Mama
Tee: Target,  Boots: KMart

Exercise.  I hate it.  Not because I hate exercising itself, but because it takes so much planning and commitment (terrible planner, over-committer). I've always had minor fluctuations in my weight, usually evenly distributed.  But within the last year or so, while my jeans continue to fit in the legs and butt,  the waistline is giving me trouble.  My desire is not to be "skinny". I don't think I need to lose weight. But the muffin top drives me bananas.  Hmm...more bananas, less cookies.  Might be a good place to start.

A New Year's resolution was is to tone up my tummy.  Now to find a realistic action plan.  What I can commit to is a Tuesday morning hike through the snow.  It's a family activity, I can dress in cute layers, and it doesn't require a shower afterward.  For now, we'll call this progress.

4 comments:

Kate said...

For years I did 60 crunches in bed before going to sleep and it was a decent though not perfect way of keeping that area in okay shape. I figured, how can I NOT do 1 minute of exercise; how lazy AM I? Answer: pretty lazy. I cannot remember the last time I did them. Maybe tonight...

cutencomfy said...

I know what you mean, but once you get in a routine it's so much easier! I've found a ton of great, short exercises on Pinterest that actually really work. There's a few specifically for muffin tops! You should check them out!

On another note, hikes are great, especially when you have an adorable dog to take with you! AND you look fabulous!

Obi Okobi said...

Like you, I have found that you waist that wasn't terribly tiny to begin with, has expanded. It's opened me up to wearing more dresses to avoid said muffin top. And to register to race so that I'm forced to train.

Hiking sounds fun and a refreshing way to start the day. Keep it up!

goodbadandfab said...

You are living fabulously. I love it!

I'm hosting a $100 Lulus.com gift card giveaway on the blog. Hope you can enter!

goodbadandfab.com
personal style and fashion musings of an LA fashion lawyer living life in the fab lane