Sunday, April 28, 2013

Meeting Christopher Straub

T-Shirt: Killers concert tee,  Skirt: Forever 21,  Bag: DSW
Shirt: Levi's, Hoodie: Prairie Underground - via Hot Mama
Tights: Old Navy,  Boots: Vintage, thrifted via Savers

Let's see...last Monday we got 6 inches of snow.  Today, it was in the 80's.  Later this week, the weatherman is predicting 30's with snow again.  The schizophrenic weather serves my blog purposes because even though it is almost May, this ultra-layered outfit from early March is still believable.  Sad, but true.

Steve and I went to the Minneapolis Home & Garden Show.  The highlight for me was the Runway to Room segment where Christopher Straub (cutie from Season 6 of Project Runway) demonstrated spring trends - both in clothing with his own collection and home decor.  He covered a lot of ground:

  • Digital prints
  • Bold texture
  • Mixed materials
  • Neutrals
  • Candy inspiration
  • Bold color
  • Bold print
  • Nature inspiration
  • Whimsy

I got to meet Christopher after the show and he was an absolute sweetheart.  If spring ever comes to stay in Minnesota,  I'll put his information and inspiration to good use.  A honeycomb dress and bug wings could totally be in my future (wink).  Even more exciting is his fall/winter collection - gummy bear, anyone?  But let's not get ahead of ourselves.


1 comment:

Rebekah said...

When I read the title of this post, I was like, "Why does that name sound familiar?" Then I scrolled down and my jaw dropped. Jealous!