Monday, May 20, 2013

Cumberbatch & Aster

T-shirt: Out of Print via Len, Shoes & Earrings: Target
Tank: Nikibiki & Jeans (similar): Joes Jeans via Hot Mama
Book: True Love Story by Willow Aster via Amazon

Whew, what a weekend.  Thursday night, I saw Star Trek: Into Darkness.  OMG, loved it so much.  Strangely, I really felt the love for Kirk in this movie.  I'm usually all about Spock.  Maybe next time, Zachary Quinto.  Oh, and Benedict Cumberbatch is to die for - I'm re-watching Sherlock at this very moment.

Friday = uneventful.

Saturday, I had the ultimate pleasure of meeting Willow Aster, author of True Love Story at the Minneapolis Author Event.  I don't read a ton, and never anything as sexy as this (turns out, I like sexy - not going to apologize for it either).  It came highly recommended and had me hooked on page 1.  Willow was everything I imagined she would be.  That's right, I'm on a first-name basis with her now (wink).

After bummin' around with my BFF and her perfect baby boys, we met up for a friend's birthday at CRAVE's rooftop in downtown Minneapolis.  The drinks, sushi, and service were just okay, but now I don't want to dine anywhere but a rooftop ever again.  The atmosphere was fabulous.

Sunday was mine and Steve's 7th wedding anniversary!  Like the awesome and attentive wife that I am, I completely forgot.  Didn't even cross my mind.  My darling husband approached me mid-choir practice to wish me a Happy Anniversary.  Whoops.  I was slightly mortified, but laughed it off and enjoyed the rest of our day together.  I love him.  I will keep him.

Now your turn:
What did you think of Star Trek? "Chris Pine is hot" is an acceptable answer.
What's your favorite sexy book?  Interpret that genre however you want.
What's the best rooftop bar in your city?  Meet ya there someday.
Have you ever forgotten an important milestone?  Help a sister out.


3 comments:

Lydia Marie said...

Three things:

Chris Pine is super hot.

Today was my anniversary too!

I apparently need to find a rooftop to eat on.

Lydiainreallife.blogspot.com

Bethie The Boo said...

Aww, happy anniversary! My husband and I celebrate 7 years this coming Monday! Here's to May 2006!

Deborah McKee said...

This article just came out, maybe they read you blog? :)

Best patios in the Twin Cities area: Pioneer Press picks

http://www.twincities.com/restaurants/ci_23298568/best-patios-twin-cities-area-pioneer-press-picks