Saturday, August 24, 2013

Back to School: TOMS + Out of Print




More than 10 years post high-school, I still love back-to-school shopping.   Admittedly, I was a terrible student (shame).  But every summer around this time, I would start getting excited.  New year, fresh start.  Big dreams of applying myself, getting good grades, rekindling friendships, and eating chocolate-covered rice crispy bars for lunch.  Friends and chocolate definitely happened.

Oh yeah.  And I liked to see how long I could go without wearing the same thing twice.  This was when ALL of my summer babysitting dollars were spent on clothes.  Such good times, those were.

I like to think I've gained some wisdom and maturity since 1998.  At least enough to recognize a winning opportunity when I see one.  Even though it decreases my odds (that's math), I have to share this giveaway with you:

TOMS and Out of Print have teamed up for a back-to-school sweepstakes!  I can't think of a more perfect t-shirt + shoe union.  Both of these companies excel in their philanthropic efforts through product sales and community involvement.

For every pair of TOMS, another pair is provided for a person in need.  Their giving spans over 50 countries.

For every t-shirt, Out of Print donates a book to an underprivileged community through their partnership with Books for Africa. (Me, wearing Wuthering Heights.)

It's super easy to enter.  And while you're there, shop around.  It's like back-to-school shopping X2.






No comments: