Monday, August 12, 2013

RACHEL Rachel Roy, Fall 2013

It took me a while to process how I felt about RACHEL Rachel Roy.  There wasn't anything to dislike about it, but the collection just didn't seem very cohesive to me.  I couldn't find an obvious common theme that carried throughout the line to make it really stand out.  I was confused - it happens.  So I had to break it down and study every look individually.  

Turns out, this may be the collection I identify with the most.  The characteristic the outfits share isn't a particular color or pattern or silhouette - it's a lifestyle and attitude.  It's all city chic.  It's essentially the same person, styled for difference occasions.  She's going to wear that orange jumpsuit for a night out with the girls, then throw on these fabulous trousers for work the next morning.  And she likes hats (me too).

I get it.  I dig it.  I want most of it.





*photos courtesy of Macy's

No comments: