Monday, October 21, 2013

Romanticizing the Cold

Shirt & Skirt: Target,  Vest: JCP,  Hoodie: clothes-swapped
Boots: c/o Crocs

Socks and boots.  Socks and boots and tights on even chillier days.

I may not love the cold, but I sure enjoy dressing for it.  Cuddling in it.  Sleeping under the weight of multiple blankets.  Wrapping my icy fingers around a warm mug of coffee.  Adding a few extra minutes to a hot shower.  Hiding the regrowth of dishwater blonde hair under a cozy hat.  Eating hearty soups.

Socks and boots.

I've said all this before, multiple times.  Call it a survival technique or seasonal neurosis.  It's both.

Socks and boots.  Giveaways for both coming up in the next few weeks (hint in today's outfit).  Until then, enter this one.  Imagine yourself enjoying the book while snuggled under a fuzzy blanket, your favorite steamy beverage within reach, and a snoring Pug at your feet.  Complaints be silenced.

1 comment:

two birds said...

I agree. I don't love the cold, but I love the clothes that come with it! You look so cute. That hoodie is awesome!