Tuesday, December 31, 2013

My Word for 2014

Every year seems to own a word.  A theme of sorts.  One year was FOCUS.  Another was REST.  Then there was ADAPT.

2013 was LOVE.  Not sure if it began that way, but looking back over the last year, I've gained a new perspective on that word.  Love for my job, my time, my church, God, and all the people I share this precious life with.

The word that keeps coming to my mind for 2014 is ENGAGE.  It's Jean Luc Picard's favorite word (I'm more of Kirk girl, but whatevs).  Sometimes life feels like one obligation after another.  That outlook is exhausting and leads me to check out or get distracted with other things.  If I can stop constantly thinking about the next thing and fully engage in the here and now, how much better would that be?

I want to know - what's your word?

No comments: