Monday, February 10, 2014

Paradise Found

We found it. Paradise.

Of all the cruise destinations Steve and I have visited, this one is the best.  Welcome to Little French Key, a little gem off the island of Roatan, Honduras.

We found it on Trip Adviser, NOT an excursion through the cruise line.  We purchased a Full Island Package for $88/pp which included transportation, lunch, drinks, zoo tour, and unlimited use of non-motorized equipment.






There was plenty to see and do (and eat and drink), but the whole thing was so serene all I wanted to do was lay out with a yummy beverage and my book.  I did take the time to jump off a few platforms into the crystal clear water.  Oh yeah, and I let a jaguar play in my lap, and fell in love with a baby monkey.

I never wanted to leave.  Not ever.




video


5 comments:

Hayley said...

That place looks wonderful. And those animal pictures are the best! Glad you had such a great time :)

Kristen said...

Sorry, the jaguar photo is a major red flag. Those are wild animals and should absolutely not be played with by tourists. I expect that it was likely drugged to keep it placid. Not cool. Please do not patronize places that do not have the safety and well being of their animals as their HIGHEST priority.

two birds said...

amazing! that looks so fabulous...all of it! i'm glad you had fun!

Jilliebeanie said...

Supposedly, these are all rescue animals. We were told that jaguars are native to the area. Not all of them were accessible to the guests and interactions were supervised. They seemed to be extremely well cared for. That's all I know.

D'Rae N said...

I am so jealous! One of my bucket list items is to be able to pet a big kitty. (Lion, Tiger, Jaguar, etc.)