Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Blame it on the...

Rain.  Obviously.

I've woken up every morning for the last 4 days to that Milli Vanilli tune in my head, followed by TLC's Don't Go Chasing Waterfalls.  Other than a water theme, I'm not sure what these songs have in common.  I have no control over how my brain maps stuff out, I just go with it.

And then I make my way to the bathroom, because...ya know.  TMI

6 straight days of rain.  Day 4, as I mentioned.  April showers and all that jazz.  I actually really like rain.  Downpours, even.  I prefer them on muggy, summer days, with a little thunder on the side.  I like to imagine myself alone, in the middle of nowhere, with my arms up and my face skyward, letting the heavenly showers wash away all my indiscretions.  This has never happened in real life.  It plays out in my head, like a movie.   Rain often gets me in a deep, dark, spiritual mood...in a mostly good way.

And then around day 4 (today), I'm over it.  Instead of wasting my time wishing for sunshine that will not appear for another several days, I create my own.  I go shopping.  And just to screw with weather-psyche, I shop for rain boots.  6pm has some pretty good deals.







2 comments:

emaliah82 said...

Oh, I NEED a new pair of rain boots!!! :)

Lovelyladyjb said...

Ughh I wish the rain would go away!! But it definitely helps to be stylish through it all! LOL