Monday, April 28, 2014

Wrapped

Necklace: Sisu,  Tank: H&M,  Jacket: JCP,  Dress: OldNavy.com
Shoes:  DSW,  Clutch: Vintage, thrifted

Here it is - my Old Navy petite wrap dress, in the flesh.  I've worn it twice already, which is a sign that I really like it.  Reviews suggest that it runs a bit tight in the arms - I agree, but they seem to loosen with wear.  It also requires a moderate amount of boobage. Allow me to divert for a moment to share the Urban Dictionary definition of boobage:

boobage: "The noticeable presence of breasts. Could be because of the size, exposed cleavage or large number of noticeable breasts in a particular place.  The truth is, of course that all boobs rule, (well, not man-boobs); be they big, small, fake or strangely shaped. The world would be a better place if all girls embraced their boobage. Set them free ladies. Set them free."

Hilarious.  I could seriously browse the Urban Dictionary all day long.

Back to the dress.  Somehow, the model is modestly withholding a camisole.  I wouldn't recommend it, but hey, your boobage is your business (sorry, had to sneak it in one more time).   The fabric is also pretty thin, so best to add a layer underneath.  I get tunic tanks at H&M for less than $10 - they make great slips and come in a bunch of colors.  If you want something more substantial, try M. Rena dresses (Shop Adorn online, also available at Sisu).  They're reversible - V neck on one side, scoop on the other.  They're comfy, wash well, and don't roll up.

I'm going to get a lot of use out of this thing.  It's easy to dress up or wear casually.  I even successfully wore a wrap dress as a skirt once, don't think I won't do it again.  Someday, when I'm rich and locally famous, I'm going to own a Diane von Furstenburg wrap dress.  I just decided this, just now.  Do not click on this link unless you have something to wipe up your drool and/or a few hundos to spare.

1 comment:

Elegance and Mommyhood said...

Two of my favorite styles of dresses in the world to wear would be a wrap dress and a shirt-dress (I am wearing one of these, myself, today on the blog). I love yours and even more so because it is B+W Stripes. So what if it's thin, a camisole solves that issue. I love how you styled it. Yellow always looks awesome with Black+White as well as it does with Gray. Your necklace and jacket are gorgeous.

OK, stop by anytime now. I'd love for you to check out my blog. Thanks and enjoy your Tuesday, Ada. =)