Cilantro Lime Shrimp Skewers
I love sea food, cilantro, and citrus, so this was designated my birthday dinner. We ate it on Thursday because the shrimp had to be kept cold. It tasted so fresh and satisfying for our first day at camp.
- Large, uncooked shrimp, deveined and shelled
- Bamboo skewers, soaked in water approx. 20 min.
- Fresh cilantro
Warning: it's SPICY! Perfect for a cool morning around the fire. Served with Cowboy Coffee, of course.
- Bulk sage breakfast sausage
- Jalapeno bacon cut into chunks
- Hash browns (any style - we had chunks)
- Green pepper
- Fresh eggs
We hoped blueberries would be prime for picking, but we were just a day or two off the mark. This was my birthday breakfast, so I got what few were available. The red ones were just a bit tart, which was perfect.
- Bisquick *just add water* Buttermilk Pancake Mix
- Fresh-picked, wild blueberries
- Pure maple syrup
Cook in fry pan over fire until light brown and fluffy. Drizzle maple syrup.
Mmmm...meatlovers. Nothing tastes better than greasy protein after a couple hours of paddling.
- Pre-made, original style pizza crust - single size, 1 per camper
- Squeeze bottle pizza sauce (because glass & cans are not permitted on the campground)
- Hot dago sausage
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
Apply all pizza toppings.
Cook in reflector oven until golden brown.
Hot Grape Nuts Cereal
I hadn't had Grape Nuts since I was a kid. So yummy served hot with fruit!
2 Cups Grape Nuts Cereal
2 Tbsp powdered milk
1 Tbsp sugar
Generous amount of freeze-dried fruit (strawberries are great)
Combine all ingredients in baggy for travel.
Put in mug and pour hot water over to desired consistency.